20100814

ASKE






vintage Burzum shirt (thanks Kristin!), Topshop maxi skirt, Phi boots, Chanel aviators, Blood Milk 2-finger hummingbird skull ring, gifted cascading bullet necklace by Fringe, DIY leather & bone necklace, bamboo cuff, BOYY Slash bag.




The lovely artists responsible for Fringe Collection recently sent me three stunning neckpieces -- this bullet "bib" being one of them. This is probably my favorite out of the three. So much thought was put into this design. In the faux fur-lined box in which the piece arrived, it appeared shapeless and odd; when clasped on the neck, it takes on the "cascading" shape and lays so beautifully. The bullet casings are strung on invisible cord to give the illusion that the piece is floating. The black piece around my neck is the neckline to my t-shirt, not part of the necklace; I sliced it underneath at the seam. Anyway, Fringe is currently offering some of the most unique creations I have ever seen. Each piece is one-of-a-kind and the artists utilize a lot of uncommon materials like stone, wood, seed pods, and more "organic" found objects. Their work is so different from what is trendy right now in terms of jewelry, yet simultaneously current, and extremely beautiful. I've gotten so many compliments on this piece. This is definitely a line to keep an eye on ... I'm dying for the faux bear skin rug they offer in a medley of custom colors to lay on our bedroom floor. I'll style the other two Fringe necklaces soon. The bone necklace is my own DIY piece; just some bleached bones with drilled holes strung on a leather cord. I've been meaning to sew these bones onto a jacket or vest for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it.




I love these Phi boots .. they're extraordinarily comfortable. I'm so bummed Phi isn't around anymore. The Burzum shirt was a gift from a dear friend in Pittsburgh, who gave me a massive amount of super-soft, worn-in band shirts when I was on tour and Pentagram passed through there. I've been meaning to send her a huge package in return, but I keep on finding new stuff I want to send her as we continue to unpack boxes in our new place. I promise I'll send it soon, Kristin! xo




My due date is tomorrow and I'm SO ready to have this baby ... Bobby and I are both overjoyed and very excited. I promise to keep posting throughout this very hectic, very special time in our lives. There are a lot of exciting developments in the remote future of this site and MeineLiebe. I thank all of you once again for all of the endless support and encouragement. I'm so glad so many of you enjoy the blog and I'm confident in MeineLiebe's designs and what we'll be offering for fall. I'll keep you all posted; have a safe, fun Saturday night. &hearts

58 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much love, lady! xoxo.

This look is gorgeous on you, principally the belly. The jewelry is killer.

I'll be willing labor waves your way.

Jenna said...

your baby belly is so cute. youre such a lovely pregnant woman! and im dying over that bullet necklace paired with the bones. good call with the burzum shirt. xx

minnja said...

Stunning; I love your baby belly!

LOVE
minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

branka said...

Love the fringe, the bone necklace, and of course the gorgeous baby bump paired with Burzum. ;) Hope the birth is easy on you!

Julia said...

Oh my, that is the best necklace I've ever seen! You continue to look too rockin' for words. Did I tell you you're my hero?

xo

Amanda said...

Im in my 1st trimester......if I look 1/4 as good as you do In my 3rd trimester Ill be happy. And that Bullet Necklace is amazing.....I know where my paycheck is going on Friday. IA with the above poster...you are my Hero!

Anonymous said...

i love the CdG bag you were carrying in a previous post! if you ever decide to sell it, please contact me :D you have such wicked style. more importantly,good luck with the baby!

Leyla said...

I'm actually looking quite forward to the MeineLiebe line. I'm so ready for fall and fall shopping and I trust your taste.

Good luck with everything and all the best.

-Leyla

samantha said...

The bone necklace is the best.

lolo dahling said...

That bullet necklace is badasssss!
-Lo
http://www.lolodahling.com

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

The bullet bib is so cool! And you're making me want to wear maxi-skirts even though I can never find maxis made for petite people like me!

luciana said...

awesome shirt :)

fashion clocked said...

amazing! Love the hardcore jewelrey- the bones necklace is kind of gruesome but so good! Love your wishlist pieces for fall- the dsquared boots are just phenomenal!! All the best with your baby... Take care, have a great weekend! Kisses Katie.xxx
fashion clocked

Phie Preston said...

Omg the bullet necklace is amazing! And love the baby bumb :)

Hope you can check out THE FASHION SMOKE

PhiePhie xx

Unknown said...

This bullets necklace is pretty amazing, you're a very fashionable mummy !

See U !

Anonymous said...

very lovely and style may ask where you get bones for necklace? i visit this blog site every day it is such a wonderful site. keep posting beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely dying over that bullet necklace. Take care of yourself, Ma' Kin. <3

John Bernal said...

really cool accessories. Great shoes too. Too bad Phi had to close its doors.

Jess said...

The bullet necklace is amazing. Good luck with the birth Im sure youll do great!! xxoo Jess

Anonymous said...

conseited

Cara said...

Awh, the baby belly! <3

kendal croix. said...

that jewelry is just too good.

koko // res pulchrae said...

good luck today!!!

great necklace. that bear skin rug would be awesome if my apartment had a fireplace.

and re: jeffrey campbell ann d. knockoffs - yeah, they're pretty good! real leather too. trust me, i've been trying to hunt down the real thing at a decent price to no avail. i'm happy with these though, but if i ever catch the camel ones in my size, i would be sooo happy!

Mari said...

Your necklaces are AMAZING. And so is your blog. Wow, I would raid your jewelry closet.

Also, for those who live in the USA (or have an address here), the GIVEAWAY is still open for a gorgeous vintage inspired cocktail silver right that might just look amazing on your pretty hand ^_^ ...for free!

XOX!

-The Girl at the Atelier's Closet

Zabrinah said...

Wow! Those necklaces are so unique! I love them so much.

:)

~Zabrinah

Julia said...

I love the necklace! And the fact that you look so "fashionable" even pregnant; that's so cool!:) Good luck with the birth and everything:)

A said...

you are an absolutely gorgeous woman. Glowing already.... can't wait to see pics of the little joy.
Cheers to you and yours... what a time.

xx
peace and love.

refusestolabel.com

b. said...

love it hal. so friggin awesome

rachel said...

you look gorgeous!! and your jewellery is so so cool- i love it!

The Social Mediatrix said...

I just want those boots. A lot.

Ray said...

Love your necklaces and your style!Great blog:))
come follow http://rayabo.blogspot.com/

MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

Great outfit! Love those necklaces and boots.:)SarahD

Clara Campelo said...

wow. you rock!
amazing look!
xxx

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

whoa! where'd that belly come from?! i like how the first time we actually see the bump is the day before he's due. haha oh hal...fingers crossed for you....

Anonymous said...

amazing necklaces and such a beautiful face good luck with baby

Sara Luxe said...

your style is beyond amazing, you are just you . you seem to copy no-one else, look grungey but put together.
i only hope when im pregnant I can look half as good as this

Jamie. said...

^ ia.....if this is pregnancy then im over my fear of getting super fat and sloppy. you look incredible!!!

Courtney said...

Awww more pics of the bump!

Chris said...

I am not sure what to make of the fact that under that Burzum shirt is a baby whose father is Jewish. The skull ring is awesome, though.

Style Odyssey said...

i really like this- all of it. especially those shoes! very nice post.

Woods said...

very weird bone necklace i like it very unique =]

Izumihiiiflower said...

ooooh you wiil be a cool mom!
your babie is lucky!
=D
i love your 2 necklace!
;)

A. said...

it will be so stylish baby:)

Dorothy Souhuwat said...

are u pregnant??

Anonymous said...

good luck with everything! (and killer accessories!)

xo

justyna

Plastic Rosary said...

your tum tum is so cute teehee! I love your toenail polish :-)

DW said...

Absolutely loving how your hair & jewelry in these photos! You look beautiful and I hope your baby comes on time. Go leo babies! ;) xo

Anonymous said...

more pics of your belly! your a beautiful pregnant woman. good luck with the baby!

Sister Wolf said...

god, have the baby already.(and thanks for your nice comment!)

Gabriela Ciobanu said...

lovely necklaces and great boots!

InnyVinny said...

Congrats HAL (and your hubby, too)!

Anonymous said...

You've probably had the baby by now- bless you, I hope everything went well and goes well in the future too.

Make Do Style said...

Well you have the neatest bump ever and also I'm here to say thank you so much for being such a dear to SW. You've cheered her up no end and delighted her. Thank you for being so lovely and good luck with the birth, children are an absolute joy xxx

Maria said...

Looove your blog + makes me want to wear my maxi dress again (I've gotten bit bored with it)!

Zoe Badley said...

Love your style, it's ridiculous how well you rock it :] Congratulations on the new baby boy! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it once you're back to updating. Until then, best wishes.

Badley
qqueenofhearts.blogspot.com

K8 said...

so I just discovered your blog...and I'm ADDICTED! You've sent me in so many different shopping/design directions just from the first post. The Fringe Collection stuff I checked out is absolutely incredible. And yo to the shout out to The Burgh, I live in Pittsburgh! Can't wait to dive further into your archive, good luck on the baby having mission :)

Fashion X K8

Unknown said...

additional hints cheap designer bags replica check this site out replica bags buy online investigate this site high end replica bags

smeloa said...

replica ysl bags s93 m2u05i7t81 luxury replica bags d38 a2o53u7l94 replica ysl bags k84 n7n29r9k80